Mazars is an international, integrated, transparent and independent organization specializing in audit, accountancy, tax, legal, and advisory services.
The Group has a presence in 86 countries with over 20.000 professionals.
Accounting and Outsourcing Service Line (AOS)
Our specialist Accounting and Outsourcing Service team is a market focused service line, providing accounting services to national and multinational companies with a focus on helping them remain compliant and providing insights into their operations.
We wish to appoint an Assistant, in our Accounting and Outsourcing Service Line (AOS), in Athens.
The role offers the opportunity to work with clients in various sectors.
For the right candidate, the position offers excellent advancement opportunities.
• Working as part of the AOS team to deliver high quality services to clients, within set timescales.
• Bookkeeping and preparation of periodic management accounts.
• Reporting in a timely and accurate manner to client queries.
• Preparation of local GAAP/IFRS statutory financial statements.
• Providing skilled accounting resource on secondment, where there is a temporary need for additional resource.
• Communicating and dealing with clients and colleagues professionally and courteously.
• To be part of a team of expert advisors who build bespoke solutions across a range of disciplines, according to client needs, from simply preparing annual statutory accounts to a more comprehensive fully bespoken management accounts solutions.
• Raising the profile of the firm by ensuring clients are fully satisfied by the service and support they receive and that they are aware of all other services.
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration.
• Up to two years of working experience in performing general accounting transactions and preparing management and statutory accounts
• Experience in the preparation of budgets and cash flow forecasts
• Good knowledge of fundamental accounting principles, finance, tax and investment principles
• Strong numerical and IT skills
• Experience in working with industry standard ERP’s (preferably SoftOne)
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word
• Strong organizational skills and ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
• Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment
• Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm
• Strong interpersonal and client handling skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualifications will be considered as a plus
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality and in compliance to personal data privacy regulatory requirements.