As the world becomes increasingly global, most mid-market firms are looking at ways of driving growth through expansion into new international markets. To gain a greater understanding of this trend, we surveyed 150 senior corporate decision makers (CEO, COO, CFO, Head of strategy and Finance Director) at mid-market companies and conducted in-depth interviews. In collaboration with Mergermarket the survey aims to determine which markets and regions mid-cap companies are targeting, where they are already achieving success and how they intend to finance their international growth plans.
Thoughts from respondents
- « Getting access to international markets can help us change our position in the business game. » COO, Norway
- « Rising labour costs and regulatory requirements are the main barriers to successfully managing operations in Europe. » FD, Taiwan
- « Africa economic conditions are great and there seems to be more scope for development. » FD, USA
- Doing Business In Brazil. 5 questions to Roberto Sanchez, Regional Finance Director, Southern Europe and Latam atRentokil Initial.
- Expanding Your Business Globally. 7 questions to Olivier Salaun, CEO and Chairman and Pierre-Antoine Henry, Strategy & Business Development Manager, PSB Industries
Did you know?
Looking at their most successful cross-border investments, respondents from Asia-pacific (52% in Asia-Pacific) and EMEA (48% in Europe) are most likely to cite countries within their own regions when North America is much balanced (32% in Europe > 30% in US > 22% in Asia-pacific).